31 C
Kano
Saturday, November 29, 2025

Stop Parading Suspects Before Media – IGP

IGP Kayode Adeolu Eggetokun

Nigeria’s Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun, has again asked Personnel of the Force to stop public parade of criminal suspects before the media.

In a statement, on Tuesday, the Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi said, no suspect should be paraded before the public or the media before being formally charged to court.

“This directive, previously communicated to all commands and zones within the Police Force, is a cornerstone of the Nigeria Police Force’s modernization efforts and reflects its commitment to respecting the fundamental rights of all individuals, including those suspected of criminal activity,” the statement read.

The IGP said the policy aligns with global human rights standards and urged officers to comply with the directive to prevent rights violations.

He also called on the media and the public to support the initiative.

“Responsible reporting and adherence to ethical journalistic practices are vital in maintaining public trust and ensuring a fair and impartial justice system that respects the rights and dignity of all individuals,” he added.

Share your thoughts on the story Stop Parading Suspects Before Media – IGP with Nigerian Kicker in the comments section.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

0FansLike
3,912FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Articles